DSSSB Syllabus Tier 1,2,3 Exam Pattern 2015 – 2016 Warder, Grade-IV (DASS) Services , Clerk, Engineer
DSSSB Tier one, Tier two, Tier three Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2015 – 2016 has available for the preparation of the written examination of Warder, Grade-IV (DASS) Services , Clerk, Engineer , Accountant and various vacancies. Candidates can download the Study Material and Syllabus for the DSSSB Recruitment 2015 – 16 Written Examination.
DSSSB Exam Pattern
DSSSB for One Tier, Two Tier and Three Tier Examination Schemes
One Tier Examination
General Awareness: Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s General Awareness of the environment around him/her and its application to society. The questions will be designed to test knowledge of Current Events and of such matter of everyday observation as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to History, Polity, Constitution, Sports, Art & Culture, Geography, Economics, Everyday Science, Scientific Research, National/International Organizations /Institutions etc.
General Intelligence & Reasoning Ability : The syllabus of General Intellegence & Reasoning Ability includes questions of both verbal and non-verbal types. Test may include questions on analogies, similarities, differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship, concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series etc. (
Arithmetical & Numerical Ability : The test of Arithmetical and Numerical Abilities will cover Number Systems including questions on Simplification, Decimals, Fractions, L.C.M., H.C.F., Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Average, Profit & Loss, Discount, Simple & Compound Interest, Mensuration, Time & Work, Time & Distance, Tables & Graphs etc. of 10th level
|Online / Written Exam Preparation Free Study Materials||Get Details|
|Prepare Personal / Technical Interview tips with coaching||Get Details|
|Interview Question and Answers||Get Details|
Hindi Language & Comprehension and English Language & Comprehension: In addition to the testing of candidate’s understanding and comprehension of the English and Hindi Languages, questions on its Vocabulary, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms and its correct usage etc. would also be covered.
Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions on the subject concerned as per the qualification prescribed in the Recruitment Rules for the post.
Two Tier & Three Tier Examination Schemes:
- Syllabus of TIER-I Exam will be same as of One Tier exam.
- Syllabus of TIER-II Exam:
- Part-I (MCQ/Objective type)
- (i) General Intelligence & reasoning ability – same as in tier-I but with slightly higher level
- (ii) Quantitative Aptitude – In addition to Arithmetical and Numerical Abilities as in tierI with slightly higher level, there will be questions on data interpretation & Analysis.
- (iii) General Awareness in addition to topics given for Tier-I there shall be question on history, culture, demography, geography & economy of Delhi, Administrative set up and Governance in NCT of Delhi, various schemes of Delhi Govt.
- (iv) English language & Comprehension – same as in tier-I but with slightly higher level
- Part-II (Descriptive)
- (i) Essay writing: Topics on current affairs of National and International interests, culture, society, women empowerment, environment, Relation with neighboring countries, etc.
- (ii) Letter writing: Letters on various subjects like request to Registering authorities for issue of birth certificate, marriage registration, to get commercial loan from banks, to get membership from various councils, lodging police complaints, letter to Editor of a newspaper highlighting social evils, letter to Municipal Authorities highlighting various civic issues like road, sanitation, street lights etc.
- (iii) Expansion of Ideas in English language: candidate will be required to elaborate their ideas on specific quotes/ topics for example, “Everything that glitter is not gold; As you sow, so shall you reap; Once in a blue moon” and on other topics of general interests.
- (iv) Subject / Qualification Related paper:- As per qualification prescribed in the RRs/given in Advt.
DSSSB other important Notes :
- Negative Marking will be applicable and deduction of 0.25 marks will be made for each wrong MCQ answer.
- The Board reserves its right to prescribe a minimum cut off mark for any post as per availability of candidates.
- Candidates numbering 6 to 10 times of vacancies will be called for Tier – II examination subject to number of vacancies / applicants.
- Skill test / Endurance test will be taken as per requirement of job.
- In Two Tier examinations, Tier I exam to be used for short listing only. Selection will be made on the basis of marks obtains in Tier II Examination.
- In Three Tier examinations, Tier I exam to be used for short listing only. Selection will be made on the basis of marks obtains in Tier II examination and interview.
- In Three Tier examination scheme, if vacancies are 4 and above, candidates numbering three times of vacancies shall be called for interview. If vacancies are 1, 2 and 3, candidates numbering 5, 8 and 10 respectively will be called for interview for those vacancies.
- The Board at its discretion may make selection to any post on the basis of academic record/experience and interview or screening test and academic record/experience and interview, where, in the opinion of the board, the number of candidates applied for post is so less that it is not desirable to conduct a written examination for that post.